[at-l] Foot Bridge

Carla & Dave Hicks daveh at psknet.com
Mon Apr 28 08:32:52 CDT 2008

To Felix:

I and many of the local trail maintaining club agree.  BTW -- there is also a
local road underpass nearby that could also be used at a much lower cost.

IMHO, this bridge was the ego trip of a former ATC Regional Office honcho.
Once he got the land for it condemned and taken away for the project, the ATC
became "committed" to the project -- no matter how dumb.  IMHO another form of
"commitment" would have been more appropriate.

To Martha and Jim:

I would be amazed if any non-recreational hikers and sight-seers use it, for
many, many yeras -- if ever.  If you have access to a topo map program, of
even google earth, check out the area.  You'll see very few buildings, or
cultivated/developed land -- and some of those buildings were condemned under
eminent domain by the NPS for the ATC and have been unoccupied for years.

Chainsaw