[at-l] Foot Bridge

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:08:17 CDT 2008

I was an employee of state government for 30 years and it never
ceased to amaze me how freely people were willing to spend the
taxpayer dollar. Some might say there is accountability, but truth be
known, there is not. I always wondered if in their personal life if
they had the same attitude about money as they did when they spent
taxpayer dollars. Of course, the government can always confiscate more!

With the past increases in real estate values, our mayor proclaimed a
year or so ago, "The increase in property taxes was like found
money." I was taught growing up if I found something, I was supposed
to try and get it back to the rightful owner.  Of course they knew
exactly where the found money came from, yet was there any attempt to
get it back to those it was taken from?  Nooooooooooo.

As another rant, I got my notification of an increase in my
assessment for taxes a few days ago (I'm sure that is what has me so
hot!).....and it increased almost $34,000!  Gee, anyone want to buy a house?

Enough for this afternoon!

Mainframe