[at-l] ever

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 06:57:26 CDT 2008

Yes, but only for the exact moment of 12 Noon on the International date
line. A second before or a second after it is another day somewhere. That
would be at precisely 7PM Standard Time for you in Indiana (the part that is
in the Eastern Time Zone). Do any of the countries along the Greenwich Mean
use Daylight Savings? That could mess things up.

OTOH it is always "today", the same day everywhere. It is just our system of
keeping track of time that gives the impression that it is Monday somewhere
and Tuesday somewhere else. Does time really pass? I've never seen it going
anywhere. It's always right here with me. I always have some time wherever I
am and I don't even need a pocket to keep it in.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/