[at-l] Does Anybody Know?

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 17:04:40 CDT 2008

I have this BlackjackII unit from Samsung for a phone/pda/gps etc. I've not
opened the gps function yet because there appear to be a number of options
available and i'm trying to figure out the best one.
and likely won't give information when hiking
2) A free hack (get around 1) to open the gps antennae for use with google
mobile maps, which is a data hog and requires connections 3G tower nearby
(unlikely in backcountry)
3) A little microchip to slip into the phone from Garmin for $99 that
allegedly comes loaded already with maps (and also requires the
aforementioned hack to get around 1; it allegedly employs the gps antennae
in the phone after hacking the disabling software AT&T employs to push 1 on
its customers.
Anyone have any knowledge about these options? recommendations?