[at-l] at-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 16

Charles Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:40:16 CDT 2008

David,
            This may relate. I have the ATT Tilt running Windows Mobile
6 and have similar options. Its ridiculous to pay $10. a month for
spoken directions when you can buy a Tom Tom one for $150. I do not like
the Garmin chip idea because you cannot transfer the program to a larger
chip. At Handango.com you can try them first before buying,,, Odyssey
Mobile or GPS Tuner  I have ($39) with many options such as google maps
that you can save for use later when out of cell service range. Or make
the google maps on your PC and load them into your cell phone. Make maps
from pictures or scanning of paper maps that you can calibrate. Most all
the functions of a handheld gps are there. I have maps of the PCT loaded
on my phone with the gps track of the trail displayed. Also I have a
nice astronomy program to name the stars and planets.

chase