[at-l] Karl / Jennifer, trail running

Charles Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 14:06:09 CDT 2008

          I hope to be able to meet Karl (Speedgoat) when he comes
through my area. Maybe run a few miles with him. I have had the
privilege to run some with Horton. Well actually I only saw him when he
waited at the aid stations during training runs. I finished a couple of
his races and bummed on a 50 miler, the Mountain Masochist.  I met
Jennifer (Odessa ) at Pochuck Shelter a few years ago. She was on a thru
and I was just out for 400 miles. I have only running three years and
its as much fun as backpacking. To me it is mostly about personal
achievement and just enjoying being in the woods. I am still pretty darn
slow but like all things, it is the journey that counts and you are most
alive when your journey is on the edge. Here lately I have been on the
edge of my seat watching the Olympics! I have never cared much for
spectator sports. But I can really get in to womens beach volley ball!

chase
 Yahoo I am on vacation for two weeks. Time to do ALDHA field work, some
trail work, backpacking and some running.

Some People Drink Deeply From the Waters of Life
Some Other People Just Rinse and Spit