[at-l] Karl's Trying to Break 47 day speed record

TrailR at aol.com TrailR at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 13:33:55 CDT 2008

I savored my hike for 6 and a half months. And most of that I spent looking
at my feet, so
I wouldn't trip again.....LOL!  When it comes to hiking, just do  it!

hotdog AT 03

In a message dated 8/17/2008 11:18:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sloetoe at yahoo.com writes:

On Sun,  8/17/08, Shelly Morgan <shellydmorgan at tds.net> wrote:

> These  other folks bumfuzzle me a bit as I do not understand the challenge
in rushing  through it.  To me it is a waste.

> HOWEVER. the  challenge in their hike and what draws them.
> now I highly respect  this.

### Yeah, right. [Slight contradiction there, Shell.] You  self-described
"savoring hikers" belittle a hike of the same distance because  the other person
went faster than you. Doesn't that strike you as shallow? Do  you think Karl
M, or Chase D., or yours truly, belittle *your* hike because we  finished in
front of you? Wouldn't that be shallow? Felix J. finished his  throughhike by
stacking 20 milers with long miles after dark. Did Felix not  "savor"? I think
he would beg a "yes."

### Hike *just* *one* 47 mile  day (whether or not you would do 47 of them in
a row), then get on the list  and tell us all what you *actually*
experienced. And $20 sez you'll want to  use the word "savor" rather than "speed".

As I observed long ago, you  will not hear a "speed" hiker belittle a slower
hiker over pace, but you sure  hear it the other way around. Think about  that.

takeawalkonthewildsidetoe

Read reviews on AOL Autos.