[at-l] Helloooo Donna Re: fay

Susan Buchanan buchanan.suz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 19:58:28 CDT 2008

Yep, I got washed off the LT this year . . . but managed to get my foot
un-infected now and today duct taped a bandage over the hole that still
exists on the bottom of said foot  . . . and took on one of the 4000 footers
here in NH.  (Art - - when do you want to go get that last one on your
list???)   It was good to get back to walking again. And it only really hurt
on the downhill, oh, and when I had to step on rocks and balance on that
center section of the foot - - which, of course, here in the Whites, is most
of the time.  But it was all good.  Saw a Redstart doing it's cool
'flitting' flight - up and back and up and back.  I hope it was catching
mosquitoes, because we have a lot of those kinds of toes going on around
here after all that rain at the beginning of the month.

Glad you didn't wash away Clyde.  My Mom (in Lake County) didn't wash away
either.

And there is something to be said about putting in a good hike and then
coming home and cooking dinner for your sweetheart (who is not a hiker - -
doesn't understand the joy of the walking itself, although he does like to
stand on top of mountains and enjoy the view).  And it's not all that bad to
be sitting on my deck in the woods here up against the White Mt National
Forest with glass of wine in hand, knowing that my foot held up real well.

life is sure good once again

suz