[at-l] Tick Removal?

C7eca at aol.com C7eca at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 14:49:28 CDT 2008

When an embedded tick is smothered with soap or petroleum jelly it secretes
its saliva to work its mouth parts out to escape the goo and thus injects the
bite site with whatever germs like Lyme it might be carrying.  Physically
removing the tick straight out mechanically is less likely to cause this
response.
David Hahn

In a message dated 8/28/2008 1:44:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,