[at-l] Post/Pre trail adjustment

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 12:43:56 CDT 2008

On some hiking BBSs, people are asking about what it is like to adjust to life post-trail.

A topic that seems to come up every year..and for good reason.

You lived a simple life style with a specific goal. Now, that simple life style has become complicated.

You reached your goal.

Now what?

Before a thru-hike, many people discuss the plans before th trail
and what being on the trail will be like. Few people ask what it is
like when you FINISH the trail.  Adjusting to life after the trail can
be interesting.
Figured on this slow, pre-holiday Friday, it was a good time to revise my POST-TRAIL ADJUSTMENT doc. It is something cobbled together from several
years of writing, but it should provide some food for thought.

Thought now that September is here and people are finishing their journeys on the long trails, may be a good time to share the link.

Maybe some will find it useful. Maybe some will find it a waste of time. :)

http://snipurl.com/3l1zz  [www_pmags_com]

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com