[at-l] Tarp

EHamilton imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 11:45:08 CST 2008

OK, it's going down to 21*F tonight, probably lower out here in the fields/valley (that's the town temp prediction.)

I've got my tarp pitched out in the yard and going to see how it goes. Except I pitched it according to the wind as it is now, but when I checked tonight's forecase I see I better move it around a little. Switching from WNW to WSW during the night. Guess I'll put the low side west. That should cover all bases.... the only place the wind's not going to be coming from is east. It's only going to be 2-5mph anyway. No precip expected. Frost, though, I'm sure.

As I was setting up the tarp, pulling in the unstaked corners and putting in my Tyvek ground cloth, I started thinking, hmmm, a seam here, a seam there, and I'd have a footprint, even a bathtub floor. Let me work on this in my mind a bit. I may end up with a homemade tarp-tent.

MacGyver