[at-l] Tarp

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sat Dec 6 09:33:23 CST 2008

EHamilton wrote:

> As I was setting up the tarp, pulling in the unstaked corners and
> putting in my Tyvek ground cloth, I started thinking, hmmm, a seam
> here, a seam there, and I'd have a footprint, even a bathtub floor.
> Let me work on this in my mind a bit. I may end up with a homemade
> tarp-tent.
>
> MacGyver

If you take a pine cone and grind it between two rocks until it is a
fine mesh (a mesh, not a mash or a mush) and mix it with moisture
squeezed from the outer inch of a rotting red oak log, you can make a
fine sealant/adhesive to 'glue' a footprint to the tarp. This adhesive
will usually lose its adherence after about 12 to 14 hours....which will
be about the same time that you'd be ready to take the structure apart
anyway. And, remember, some parts ARE edible.   Ahhhh....but, you
already knew all of this...