[at-l] paruck demonstrations

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Mon Dec 8 19:35:11 CST 2008

Would people be willing to set up their various tents so those of us
who are pondering new shelters might be able to compare them?  If
Donna didn't mind we could set them up in the yard by the volleyball
court on Saturday, maybe with tags on them giving models and weights.

I could bring a Tarptent Squall 2, a Hennessey Hammock, and a plain
rectangular siltarp to set up.

(I was amused at how many people were taken aback to see me and Delee
lounging under the tarp this year.  I set it up a number of times to
shade us from bugs, sun, or rain.  It hardly takes any time so it's
often worth it.  But people acted like it was a big deal.)

I'd love to see some of the Six Moon Designs shelters, other
Tarptents, and the Gossamer Gear "The One".  And some of the poncho
shelters, too.  Heck, pretty much any shelter.

-amy