[at-l] Re-beans

EHamilton imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 08:12:34 CST 2008

That's an argument in favor of canned :-) All you do is dry and rehydrate.

Actually I've done it both ways, drying from canned and starting from scratch with dry beans. I think the canned ones, once dehydrated, rehydrate faster than the ones I bought dry, soaked, cooked, and dried. I also think there's less need for Beano when using canned. So buying dry beans is cheaper, but then when you add the cost of the Beano....

MacGyver

From: Lilla Thompson <lthompson at hollins.edu>
If you think about it, it's kind of ridiculous to be spending time and effort to take dried beans, soak them in water, then soak them again (cooking water) and then dry them, only to reconstitute them again in water...
(and lather, rinse, repeat as needed;)