[at-l] Re-beans

EHamilton imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 15:43:39 CST 2008

Right, that's how I do it. I've been cooking since long before I started thinking about drying trail food :-)

MacGyver

From: Bruce W. Calkins blackwolfe at charter.net

Beans NEED to be soaked, RINSED and then cooked.  I usually hot soak, that is bring them to a boil and let sit an hour.  I then rinse them and cook them.  The rinsing removes the fungi/mold that causes the gas.  Lately I have been cooking my beans in the pressure cooker.  That really slashes the time need to soak and cook.

Black Wolfe
Bruce W.