[at-l] Massachusetts shut down

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 09:40:13 CST 2008

The governor here has announced a state of emergency for the entire state
following last nights ice storm and the continuing rain today. Widespread icing
has left hundreds of thousands without power, we're encouraged to stay home or
limit travel until melting can occur & repairs get started. Flooding has
affected travel in Boston in spite of very little icing in the city. Here in
Lowell there's no ice, just lots of water.
Here's a slideshow of images. #3 is in Tyngsborough, only 5 miles from me, shows
incredible icing in trees, down limbs, etc. Other images show the storm effects
in New Orleans, Texas, etc.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/gallery/121108_wildweather/

We're now at 3.5 inches of rain since the storm started 36 hours ago. The rain
should be ending shortly. --RockDancer/Arthur