[at-l] One more benefit of hiking

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 11:19:22 CST 2008

Time for a little bragging.?

Another benefit of even repeated day hikes---in conjunction with Weight Watchers:? as of last night, I've lost 88.4 lbs. since March 12.? The program encourages you to exercise in addition to eating healthier.? I I I still need to lose quite a bit more, but I'm well on my way.?

Even in hot, muggy, drippy summertime Florida, I hiked thru the summer, going out for an hour or an hour and a half after work as often as I could.? (Luckily, there are at least 18 places to park a car and access either the FT or Seminole County Natural Lands trails within 30 minutes drive of my house.)? On weekends, even in the summer, I'd sometimes aim for 2 hours.? Kept increasing my pace a tad as I lost weight.?

Now when I ask Jon, my significant other, "How's my pace?"? He'll sometimes say, "Faster than I'd go."? And he's thrued the AT four times.? Course, this is flat Florida.?

Now I have to go to the gym because it's too dark after work to hike; I'm not a big fan of night hiking.? And I really, really am bored out of my mind on the treadmill or the exercise bike.? Some nights I resort to walking the neighborhood after work, but it's not the same either.? Can't wait for longer days again...

Just another benefit,
Joan