[at-l] Flying With Backpack

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Thu Dec 18 15:51:53 CST 2008

I carry my backpack on the plane as carry on and a camera bag as the
other one. But I don't pack it full of camping stuff. When I went to
NH in November I shipped all the stuff that they would not allow in
carryon and my bulky stuff. Called the hotel in advance to make sure
they would accept and hold the box.  It was a little larger than they
expected. I think it weighed 30 pounds. I packed a roll of tape
inside so I'd have tape when I sent it back. FEDEX charged about $25
for its cheapest rate (2 day delivery) and there was no FEDEX spot in
North Conway so I shipped UPS--$37 and 4-5 day delivery

My experience....
Mainframe