[at-l] Brrrrrr.--Oh, My Gosh

kinnickinichere at aol.com kinnickinichere at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 08:30:01 CST 2008

I got up this morning with thoughts, thoughts like "I hope that this was the worst night we'll have this year."  The summer bag plus the 15* bag plus my flannel nightie and heaviest Smartwool socks just didn't do it.

My averaged-out electricity bill has gone up $16/month.  I could afford only 200 gallons of propane for the season.  The wood that I had brought up to the house was getting low.  Then I saw the forecast!

So, last night I left on only one electric heater (EdenPure victim, you know).  The idea is to keep the pipes from freezing.  Surely I wouldn't freeze!

The wood stove burned up six more logs through the night.  Guess who was up, shivering, feeding it.

Ohhhh, the misery of it all.  And is tonight supposed to be just as cold?

Then to go to the 'puter and find y'all's reports--so heart warming, they are.  I am not alone.  We who boast of being able to be wild, we too want to crawl into a really warm, cozy place out of the wind when things get too tough.

Reading Sloetoe's expressions of humor are always a delight to me.  I feel warmer now.

The answer is -15* wind chill, 0* actual at Sugar Grove, Virginia.

I don't want to hear any snickers from the Florida, South Texas, Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii crews.  :-  |

Or any jeers from those who have lived without electricity for near a lifetime now up in the Northeast.

Wimpily,

Kinnickinic