[at-l] Will it ever end?

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Mon Dec 22 09:40:05 CST 2008

"...we'll get together then, son, you know we'll have a good time then."

More of my inane memories...

Ten years ago this morning, Alice and Marty took me back to Hot Springs. It
was raining/sleeting and the mountain roads were dangerous. Marty was
drivin'.
We met Wingfoot at the Smoky Mountain Diner. Alice and Marty ate and ran.
Wingfoot and I had a nice, long chat. It confirmed what I've always
said: I like Wingfoot. It also confirmed something I hadn't been sure
about:
I wasn't going to rejoin ATML when I got home. I am not the type of guy
Wingfoot wants on his list. I am probably not the type of guy a lot of
you want
on this list. I digress. Anyway, I knew the message I would bring
back from my hike wasn't the message Dan was gonna want on his
list. I realized that over coffee.

I left town in a cool drizzle, a little past noon. Walking out of the
last trailtown was a bittersweet thing. It was dark and cold when I sat
down on a Bluff Mt rock for a Snickers Bar. It was much darker and
colder when I got to Roaring Fork Shelter. I think it was a little after
8. There was another guy in the shelter, asleep. I quickly woke him. We
had a nice long chat. He was a mind doctor of some sort. I played with
his while he studied mine. (Minds, that is). It got VERY cold that
night. It warmed up enough to be raining the next morning,
though....

Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98
"Your Move"