[at-l] Watch ya don't put an eye out...

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 10:31:25 CST 2008

--- On Tue, 12/23/08, rcli4 at comcast.net <rcli4 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > I cuddled up next to that space heater and ate. Ham, sweet potatoes,
> > dressing, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls and the best cupcake I've  ever had. Easily, this was the most special Christmas Dinner of my life. It was in a room no bigger than 10X10. I sat on the floor. I ate alone. After dinner, I took a long, hot shower. Life was good. This night remains one of the most sentimental, special nights of the hike, and my life.
> >
> > --
> > Felix J. McGillicuddy
> > ME-->GA '98
> > "Your Move"
> > ALT '03 KT '03
> > http://Felixhikes.tripod.com/
>

> Whenever my wife gives me a bunch of shit for days on end.
> She reminds me of every short coming I posses.  Tells me how
> I promised to do something in 1986 and I still aint done it
> and if I wasn't a worthless piece of shit I would
> remember what I was supposed to do. How if I really cared I
> would do things different and she pushes to the point I
> wanna tell her where to go and how to get there, I read this
> paragraph and know, I don't want that to be me.  So I
> tell her how right she is, buy her something made with gold,
> attach it to some flowers and tell I don't know why she
> lives with such a terrible guy.
>
> Clyde_

### Thee Clyde, you missed the point entirely.
### There are few things I could imagine grander than to have shared such a meal, in such a cabin, with such weather howling around, with someone special. But such an evening demands two things: 1) you must get your ass out there, and 2) you must consider yourownbadself someone special, too.

sloetoe