[at-l] "hmmm.... men thinking about women"

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 10:00:28 CST 2008

I forwarded the little piece Felix posted the other day (You know the one -- lonely leanto, Felix' stiff shoulders, accented occupant exits her sleeping bag to rub Fee's poor shoulders, forgetting to clothe herself...rather innocent, really) to a friend of mine whose succinct (and oh-so-femalian) reply was as above. I promised her something which I wrote, which similarly poised two adults in a typical hiker situation.

The story starts here:
http://www.trailstories.com/story/index.cgi?next=1&chapter=0
written by Paddler, setting the stage by which Hiker Jimmy arrives in Gainesville.

Thencely, it goes here:
http://www.trailstories.com/story/index.cgi?next=3&chapter=1
written by Our Gal Coosa, in which Hiker Jimmy makes some key connections for his future.

Then on to:
http://www.trailstories.com/story/index.cgi?next=6&chapter=2
by Cross Country, in which Hiker Jimmy meets an ultramarathoner... (that whole business planted a seed for me, which came to fruition that November 2000, but that's another story...)

And then finally to:
http://www.trailstories.com/story/index.cgi?next=13&chapter=3
written by Your Faithful Correspondent, ... ... ...

DON'T GO BEYOND THESE "CHAPTERS". Consider yourself warned.
This was a really neat idea that Paddler had, and I wish it had gone further. But in any event, this is men *and* Granma Coosa ("Uberwoman") who are thinking about women and men, and men and women in the same places, acting like adults and all. For mature readers.

And like Our Boy Jimmy, I hope you are all looking forward to starting your new adventures well.

sloetoe