[at-l] Much

marytinvb at aol.com marytinvb at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 08:24:43 CST 2008

 Speak for yerself.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Looper <nightwalker.at at gmail.com>
To: Felix J <AThiker at smithville.net>
Cc: at-l <AT-L at backcountry.net>
Sent: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 9:11 am
Subject: Re: [at-l] Much

Man, You've got this thing for showers. I hope there aren't any embarrassing pictures of you all steamed up floating around out there...

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Felix J <AThiker at smithville.net> wrote:

Much didn't happen to me ten years ago today. I got up and hiked the 10

miles, or so, to Fontana Dam. Pittsburgh was going to try to be there to

pick me up so we could watch some football together. He wasn't in the

parking lot at the dam. He wasn't in the parking lot near the dam. He

wasn't in the parking lot near the shelter. He wasn't in the parking lot

near the highway. He wasn't at the highway. So, I hitched a ride to the

motel with a guy who was stoned. That time of morning on a Sunday and

the guy was stoned. The ride would have been scary enough without the

added element of drugs in his veins. I made it, though. I checked into

my room, wanting to watch football and take showers. The black and white

Philco wouldn't pick up a station that carried a football game. In fact,

I'm not entirely sure it picked up ANY station. ?So, I took showers.

Lots of showers. Showers became my hobby. I loved showers.

I got in touch with Kahley and found out Pittsburgh had had transmission

trouble in his van and was unable to make it. That evening the woman who

runs the motel took me to town...I think Robbinsville. We went to the

grocery store and to Kentucky Fried Chicken back when that was still the

name of the place. ?I remember eating a 'Three piece dinner' in my

room....and, needing to take a shower. And, I did.

at-l at backcountry.net