[at-l] No Ticks

kinnickinichere at aol.com kinnickinichere at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 08:58:01 CST 2008

When I was a child, my mother added guinea hens to our collection of backyard birds, which mostly consisted of laying hens, a couple of strutting roosters, a few ducks and pigeons, and turkeys.? I guess we kept the guineas for about a year.? Although she had bought their little chick selves to grow up to warn us of intruders and to kill snakes, she found as I did that the guineas made an awful, annoying racket at any and all times.

Now, today, I have a neighbor up the road who keeps turkeys, chickens, peacocks, ducks, and guineas.? The guineas and turkeys have taken to coming over here to my property early every morning and staying for most of the day eating everything they can find in the grass (which is green all year).? My youngest Poodle and I both have found them awfully irritating.? I hug and praise her when she chases them to across the road into a pasture.

Thinking there must be some reason why they should live, I went to the Internet this morning.? What I found is something that each of us appreciates:? http://www.lymediseasepa.com/GuineaHens.htm.

Kinnickinic