[at-l] PA Ruck 2009

Marsha Lee atrailhiker at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 07:09:52 CST 2008

The PA Ruck will be held January 30 thru February 1, 2009 at Ironmasters Mansion, Pine Grove State Park PA. The new caretakers, Ray & Lori Burt welcome us.This year we are spotlighting the Appalachian Trail Museum and the Earl Shaffer Foundation. Pine Grove will soon be the new home of the A.T. Museum as most of you already know. We are truly excited about this and would like to help in any way we can. The PA Ruck is hosting a raffle to benefit the Museum. The winning prize is: "Hiking the Appalachian Trail" 1st Edition. This series is the biggest collector item among A.T. books since it’s been out of print since the early 1980s and remains a classic of trail literature.We are also looking for someone to organize Saturday morning breakfast benefitting the Museum as well. Some of you remember the breakfast benefit we had at Trail Days a few years back, we'd like to have that same breakfast and participation. The Earl Shaffer Foundation is making a very special announcement at the PA Ruck this year. We hope you can attend to hear what spokesperson, David Donaldson is going to announce.
We would also like to announce a small venue for children ages 5 to 15 this year, and every year, to meet in the hostel kitchen for an Appalachian Trail cooking party! Hostess Star, an 11 year old, will greet and meet you at 7pm in the hostel kitchen - bring your recipe and ingredients - your dishes will be served at the RuckFeast on Saturday night! Star has a gift for all attendees. Parents are welcome to assist their children if needed. For more information you can go to our PA Ruck Google spreadsheet -
www.google.com
-click on more
-documents
sign in as:
email:  atrailhiker at hotmail.compassword: trailworkclick on the PA Ruck 2009You can fill in what you'd like to bring by clicking on any box and typing in your information: food, supplies, clean-up, just make sure you save your work by clicking on file, save & close. Click at the bottom of the spreadsheet for different items - it's easy ! You can also post your information here and I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly. We welcome your presentation and ideas, kindly post them here or email me privately.

We will still and always have our Saturday noon "Soup & Chili" benefitting the hostel! This event has always been a success, but only because of your donated soups and chilis. Thank you! The PA Ruck welcomes all: hikers and their families, friends, non-hikers. We especially welcome those who have offerings. We have a great Thru-hiker bull session and a pack tuckerization--but then y'all know that.... And if this sounds like a speech, it's because I've had this in my head for the past month but was waiting for Sly and Dawg to get off of here....

Love,
Marsha