[at-l] McAfee Knob Hike

Lilla Thompson lthompson at hollins.edu
Fri Feb 1 10:42:04 CST 2008

From: at-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces at backcountry.net]
On Behalf Of Davis, Herb
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 11:20 AM
To: at-l at backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] McAfee Knob Hike

I need some help with a hike that I want to go from Daleville(?).

Yes, Daleville is at the northern end of that section.

  I've heard we can stay at the Econolodge, Leave our cars and walk to
the trail.

Yup. The Econolodge is very close to the trail.  Basically just a short
walk across a field.

  We want to do McAfee Knob (definitely), Tinkers Cliffs and Dragon's
Tooth if not too far off the trail.

They're all actually all on that section of trail (I think Dragon's
tooth is technically on a side/spur trail, but basically right there)

 We probably want to do three overnights and have someone pick us up at
a particular spot.  We can be flexible.  If you have some trip
suggestions, please send them to the list or off-list.  herb

Herb Davis,