[at-l] PA Ruck 2009

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 18:47:25 CST 2008

Sly wrote:>I don't think the Tuck and thru-hiker bull sesion has ever been as popular  >at the SoRuck as the Pa Ruck.   I could try scheduling it for Sat next  year, >but of course it would be at the expense of another presentation or  workshop.  >Or, I could drop it all together. SlyYou're absolutely right - and I could give you three reasons for that without even thinking about it.  But that's the past - let's talk about the future.   Personal opinion - Keep them both - change the time to Saturday afternoon - IMO, for a Ruck, there's nothing on the schedule more important than getting real-life information to newby thruhikers.  That's what it's all about - in spite of LW's opinion that it's all about eating <G>.  Then get Mara (or another past thruhiker) to do the Tuckerization - and brand new straight-off-the-trail thruhikers to do the bull session, with one or more past thruhiker(s) to moderate/lead the discussion.  And advertise that the Ruck is for newby/prospective 2009 thruhikers.  You'll be surprised at the results.   None of this is any reflection on your efforts with regard to the Ruck - you've done a super job.  We've had a lot of fun at the SoRuck - looking forward to more fun - and food - and whatever
else is there.   Walk softly,Jim http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/