[at-l] Van Go?

Renee (Frolicking Dino) hankrenee at charter.net
Wed Feb 20 19:03:29 CST 2008

I looked up his name in the ALDHA directory and Googled him.  I found
the early notice  here:
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2008/01/26/obituaries/obits0126.txt

Here is the full obit from
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2008/01/27/obituaries/obits0127.txt
*Ronald G. Frey*

ROAN MOUNTAIN, Tenn./LA CROSSE --- Ronald G. Frey, 75, formerly of La
Crosse died on Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2008, in his home in Roan Mountain.

He was born on March 7, 1932, in La Crosse to Arthur and Evelyn (Eeg)
Frey. Ron was never married and had no children. He had worked as a tool
and die maker and also at Gundersen Clinic before retiring to care for
his mother. After retirement, Ron was active in the hiking community,
enjoying traveling and socializing with backpackers. He was known as a
"trail angel" for all the good deeds he did for the hikers over the
years. He received several commendations from the International
Appalachia Trail Society and the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers
Association.

Ron is survived by his longtime companion, Scott, also of Roan Mountain;
a brother, Arthur (Jackie) Frey; and eight nephews and nieces. He was
preceded in death by a sister, Shirley Olson, formerly married to "Doc"
Olson of La Crosse.

Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 1, at St. Paul's
Lutheran Church, La Crosse. Pastor Dennis Johnson will officiate. Burial
will be in Oak Grove Cemetery. Friends may call from 10 a.m. until the
time of services Friday at the church. Memorials are preferred to the
Coulee Region Humane Society, Chileda Foundation, or the Sugar Creek
Bible Camp. Schumacher-Kish Funeral Home of La Crosse is in charge of
arrangements.