[at-l] Forestry Service. Politics and the Trail.

grey.owl at comcast.net grey.owl at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 20:03:21 CST 2008

Jan posted an interesting article about a GAO report on the contracting out of the
forestry services to private companies.  This hit particularly close to home as the
forestry service is part of the UDSA, the guys that give me a pay check.  There
are a number of these studies and contracting out of services has been a
miserable exercise and it especially hurts because what contracting out has done
to the forestry service and the parks service.

Than one person blamed Bush 43.  This individual obviously does not have any
knowledge of the working of the federal government.  Under the Constitution of
the United States of American the President has only a handful of powers, only
Congress can pass legislation and Congress passed the necessary Legislation to
contract out government jobs.  So Bush 43 asked congress to pass the legislation
and they did, both Democrats and Republicans,  So if you want to bitch and
moan complain to your local congress person.

I know that Bush 43 is an easy target because he is a Jack-Ass, BUT then again
both parties have elected even bigger Jack-Asses as president and will continue
to do so in the future.  After years of study I have come to the conclusion that
the United States has elected only two Presidents of Note; Thomas Jefferson and
James Monroe.

NOW I would like everybody on the list to take a 6 month hike.  After that
period of time you realize how irrelevant politics are to the grand scheme of life.
I have wasted way too much of my life typing up this little discourse.

Chao

Grey Owl

A true patriot defend his country from his government - Edward Abbey

If you want a good argument against a Democracy then talk to a voter for 5
minutes - Winston Churchill