[at-l] Specialty license plate supports Appalachian Trail

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:20:47 CST 2008

If it works like NY they don't forward any money to the group until they
have reached a 'threshold' of what it costs to produce the special plate. If
they can't reach that threshold of sales they withdraw the availability of
the plate. I tried to get one of these going in NY for the Adirondack
Mountain Club but the DMV suspended accepting applications for new plates
while I was working on it.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Felix J <athiker at smithville.net> wrote:

> Steve Landis wrote:
> > A little idea that started here.  Clark, did you have anything to do
> > with this?
>

> So, the article says this:
>
> The specialty plate costs an extra $25, with $15 going to the A.T.C.
> Still1,000 paid applications are needed before the Conservancy starts to
> see the funds.
>

> Does that mean that the ATC sees NO money of the first 1,000 paid
> applications? OR, that at the time of 1,000 paid applications, the ATC
> gets $15,000?
>

> --
> Felix J. McGillicuddy
> ME-->GA '98