[at-l] A cold day in Lake Wobegon

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Thu Jan 3 06:47:30 CST 2008

Oh my goodness!  30 degrees!!   Well, on Wednesday it reached a high
of 17 degrees then it started to get cold.  I was working at Gunstock
Ski Area teaching people how to make great turns on skis.  I worked
there until 6:45 PM when the temperature had fallen to 2 degrees.
This morning it reads negative 5 degrees Fahrenheit but it is
expected to get up to 12 degrees by mid day.  Waitsfield, HN reported
a temperature of negative 24 degrees.  I don't know what it is on top
of Mt Washington but it is most likely below -24 F.     I am bundling
up to go back to Gunstock for another great day of skiing on squeaky
white stuff.  The skiing is incredible with another 10 inches of snow
falling on New Years Day.  The only problem is it is getting harder
to find places to pile the snow when I shovel my walkway and
driveway.  And my arms are getting tired.

>Greetings from Lake Wobegon or wherever the heck I am.
>It must be Minnesota...can't be Florida.
>It's thirty-darn-cold-degrees outside.  That's three-oh!
>I just went out for a little walk, with down jacket, insulated
>gloves, and fleece headband.
>My eyes were watering and I was afraid I'd get icicles on my
>eyelashes and go blind.
>So I came back after 20 minutes.  So much for that.
>Next thing you know we'll have snow.
>
>~~ Ever-so-slightly-chilled-eArThworm
>
>  --- Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com ---

Life is Good!!!