[at-l] (OT) Bombies, a Secret War, and Really Big Stone Jars

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Sat Jan 5 08:58:55 CST 2008

In a message dated 2008-01-05 08:30:45 Eastern Standard Time,
rcli4 at comcast.net writes:

You forgot to tell how this was a main supply route that the loas govt
rpeatedly promised to close.  The supplies brought in by this route were  used to
try to kill me.  Sorry if I don't fell sorry for the sons a  bitches.

What happened in the past is based upon War decisions but a new generation
of children must live with the continuing danger in the now.  War is  something
that governments decide is necessary for one reason or another.   As soldiers
(or any military connection) do what they are ordered to do people  are
wounded and killed and the land gets scorched or left fallow with bombs and  mines
waiting for whomever will tread upon them. Little children of 2008 should  not
suffer from decisions made in 1968 or 1975 or whenever; the government --
USA or Laotian or the United Nations -- should address this situation (should
have a long time ago) and clear the land of dangerous implements.  The  people
of today should not suffer from the decisions of yesterday.

I can understand the anger and the righteousness that comes from having  been
a participant in a War from decades past and having to fight against
phantoms and invisible forces (those not directly the enemy but certainly were  and
aided our sworn enemy at that time).  It is true that the area was a  source of
destructive supply, the aim of which was to harm our troops, and the  tactics
of that time probably needed to be efficient in obstructing said aid,  but
now we live in a time when the destruction continues long after the battles  are
done.

After WW II in the Pacific there were those who hated the Japanese for a
long time because of what they experienced in fighting the war that Japan
instigated.  The Japanese were defeated and a system of occupation formed a  nation
that today has a strong economy and the people of Japan express their  success
in American markets, and in the world economy are fairly well off.   The aid
given to the Japanese after the War was the right thing to do.   What was left
in the aftermath of the Vietnam War was a tragedy and continues to  be a
tragedy.

Little children should not suffer the consequences of government decisions
from decades past.

Jack Wahlberg (AKA Skylander)