[at-l] Upstate NY/Toronto Vacation

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:43:33 CST 2008

Hey, even I have been to NYC. It isn't really anything to be afraid of. Its
big problem as far as I'm concerned is that there WAY too many people for my
taste, but some folks dig that. That's fine. If they like it there, they
won't be cluttering up here. :-)

On Jan 8, 2008 4:26 PM, <Bror8588 at aol.com> wrote:

>  In a message dated 2008-01-08 15:31:30 Eastern Standard Time,
> bluetrail at aol.com writes:
>
> Gee, I didn't mean to offend anyone.  I'm terrified of NYC--have only been
> there once.  Rube that I am, I thought anything north of halfway up the
> state was upstate.  I stand corrected.
>
>  Well, it all depends on your orientation.  Here in NYC we think anything
> north of the Bronx is "Upstate."  Those who live in Westchester Country
> (just north of NYC) think that upstate is the Catskills and beyond and so it
> goes.
>
> Those who live near the Canadian Border think that NY is Downstate (Why
> those people are almost Canadian in their thinking).
>
> Don't be afraid of NYC.  It is a wonderful place to visit.  Come and see
> -- lots of hikers here!
>
> Jack Skylander

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/