[at-l] RIP Sir Edmund Hillary

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:39:57 CST 2008

He's one person I always wanted to meet from the time of my first memories.
I know I was only one degree removed because my boarding school "parent" --
or, one of several (when I was a wee lad) -- was from New Zealand and talked
a lot about him . . . I went to boarding school at age 6.5 . . . K2 --
Goodwin-Austin -- was just over the horizon from my school . . . I never got
much beyond the start of the glaciers growing up . . .