[at-l] PA Ruck line-up

Marsha Lee atrailhiker at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 08:20:06 CST 2008

Hello…it’s that time of year again where I harass the daylights out of you regarding the food and supply list for the PA Ruck.

The interactive Google spreadsheet hasn't interested many of you, most are having a hard time or just don’t want to be bothered, I understand, so I’ll mention what we need for the PA RUCK and you can decide what you are able to bring.

You can respond here, or privately email me, but respond so I know please. Your food donations to the PA Ruck are important.

What we NEED:

FRIDAY NIGHT:
7 more boxes of pasta
10 jars of sauce - meat and veg
Your meat ideas - sausages, meatballs
Breads
Salad fixins
Parmesan/shaker cheese
desserts
Please note: If you're bringing pasta, uncooked meats, sauce for this dinner, we will need these items no later than 4:00-5:00 p.m.

SATURDAY LUNCH soup benefit for the hostel:

Precooked soups, chilies, stews for the soup benefit, meat and veg
Lunch trays - bring it on, someone will construct a tray for you
Breads, crackers
your ideas

You can bring your soups in your own crock pot. Bring an extension cord. We always have fun together in the kitchen heating everything up for the soup benefit but MAKE NOTE that we have to start the soup warm-up process around 10:30-11:00 a.m. and no later. If you are constructing the soup, would you kindly start that early Saturday morning ? Thanks!  We welcome any donations!

This is cash donation meal that will benefit the hostel. They allow us to have this event at the hostel, we'd like to show our appreciation with cash donations, so the soup benefit is important to the hostel.

SATURDAY night RUCKFEAST:
Everything is needed

RuckFeast ideas are:  Hams, turkeys, chickens, sausages, beef, ribs, corned beef, stews, casseroles, ethnic dishes, game, falafel, vegetarian dishes, bbq dishes, mac n cheese, potato dishes, salads, breads and the desserts!

If you are not capable of cooking, please bring me your uncooked items on Friday and we will cook them accordingly Saturday afternoon for the Saturday evening RuckFeast.

If you are cooking in the kitchen for the RuckFeast, please note we have limited space. We welcome your ideas  and your presence in the hostel kitchen at any time. We keep the coffee and the fellowship going on in the kitchen.

MISCELLANEOUS:
Everything is needed
(coffee, creamer, sugar, paper cups, paper plates, paper BOWLS, some utensils, napkins, paper towels, trash bags, foil, wrap, your ideas)

Presentations for Friday & Saturday are looking good, we have a full line-up but there’s still room. We love variety. There will be a DVD projector, laptop, speakers and viewing screen in the upstairs common room. Should there be too many of us to fit in that room, we can relocate the audience downstairs.

A Ruckster is working on Saturday breakfast, should anyone care to donate food or help I’m sure it will be appreciated. As soon as I hear more info, we'll post it here  ( or she will ). Breakfast must be presented and cleaned up no later than 10:00 a.m. due to the schedule.  You can start as early as you like. Breakfast is usually on-yer-own, but this year someone wants to organize one, and we love that. Please consider the hike to Pole Steeple at 9am.

The stove display we had last year has grown into a VINTAGE GEAR DISPLAY so bring what you have for others to gawk at.  Stoves are especially welcome for us stoveheads. We'll have ID tags/labels for your display item(s).

The Hiker Garage Sale will also take place...bring anything to donate to benefit the hostel. These items go placed next to the staircase; there will be a jar there for donations - thanks for anything you can bring! Ideas are anything hiking related....gear, clothing, accessories, packs, shoes, dehydrator, packaged foods, etc. The donations go directly to the hostel.

These events will take place at the PA Ruck:
Friday & Saturday evening presentations, slideshows. Saturday morning hike to Pole Steeple at 9:00 a.m sharp. Afterwards, there is the soup benefit. We all stand in line, donate cash to the hostel and eat great soups and dishes cooked by volunteers. Followed by the "Tuckerization", and a ThruHiker bull session. Bring your pack ready-to-hike. Hikers are welcome to share their ideas and stories for the the bull session!

Saturday RuckFeast will be at 6:00 p.m. prompt due to the presentations scheduled for that night.

If you are capable of bringing wood for a campfire, please leave the wood at CAMPSITE #68: Gary Roberts and BagOTricks' site. You can also drop off the wood ahead of time within ONE WEEK of the event, just leave a note on it at campsite 68 that it is for the PA Ruck. Your wood donation is VERY MUCH appreciated. Bring your chair and trail stories.

For anyone that has never been to the PA Ruck, consider yourself welcome. You do not have to be invited. You can email me privately with any questions or post them here. We encourage you and your family/friends to attend and meet fellow hikers, dreamers, thru hikers, triple crowners and the best group of people I have ever met. We have a wonderful time, and I wish it lasted longer than just for the weekend.

This year several musicians are bringing their instruments for jam sessions in the main common room-so don't be surprised at anytime throughout the day or night they entertain us.  If you'd like to join, bring your instrument. We're looking for pianists-there is a grand piano on the premises.  Welcome amateurs and professional musicians.

Thank you!

Marsha
"StarLyte"

www.whiteblaze.net/PARuck