[at-l] Journals

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Wed Jan 16 09:40:21 CST 2008

Linda Patton wrote:
> Second (third? fourth?) the motion.  Between you and Felix and
> others ( everyone one feel free to join in -- Ginny O writes wonderful
> ones!) maybe we could have at least one a day.  Let the journals
> begin...

April 17th  1979

A slow rain falls outside. More than a drizzle, less than a rain,
really. A heavy fog that you can see through, sorta. It's like you could
walk in it without getting too wet. But, you'd get wetter than you want
to be. I think it's stopped now, though.

Anyway, my cellmate, Juan...or, Pablo...some damned thing...is sleeping
on the floor. He says he likes the coolness of the dirt better than the
stench of the mattress. At least he has a mattress. My mattress is a
piece of 3/8 inch plywood. Which I don't mind so much except that the
urine-drain holes are all chew-splintered by the mice and rats.

As I stand here watching it not rain outside, hand holding one of the
bars crossing my window, protecting me from the outside, and the outside
from me, I am remind of the time it wasn't raining at that one park I
went to. It was nice that day.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98