[at-l] SORUCK 2008

Gadog430 gadog430 at charter.net
Sun Jan 20 17:40:59 CST 2008

Well, I just got home. And I had a FABULOUS time as usual.
Everything but my hips...which are STILL SCREAMING. Yikes!@!@!@

I would like to thank all the people that helped in the Kitchen on Saturday. I won't name anyone because I would leave someone out...and so I thank you collectively. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We'll do it again next year, and it just couldn't be more fun.

To Ron Haven and Fishin' Fred...you are true angels. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

To Sly...excellent job. Excellent job.

To Miss Janet...you have all of our true love.

To the Friday Night Coffee Genie...thank you. I think it was Gene Roll, but I could have remembered wrong. I sent the extra coffee on to the PA Ruck in an act of Trail Karma.

To all the Women...Ladies...we are a FANTASTIC group.

And last but not least...things not to be discussed at the SORUCK...especially in Cabin C at 3:00 a.m. CATHOLICISM. Bill Bryson. What's in the bottle? Why isn't insert name here answering their door (they might be asleep)? Why do the cops always pull Dawg over on SORUCK weekend? (I think they wait for me to come thru) Is there enough food? (it always ends up ok) But I still luv ya anyway Lone Wolf.

2007 was a challenging year for me and my hiking partner in a Life Sense. Just trying to pull pieces together here and there. So it was wonderful to be among this group again. And for me to remember why I am among this group in the first place. That definition moment came for me on Saturday Morning about 10:47 when we rounded a bend in the trail to a wide open view of snow blowing across the vista. That...is what life is all about. That's why we do it.

Dawg

Ps. I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. on Saturday Night. I make this note for two reason. #1...Someone need to write that down. I think that might be a record. #2...I never heard another word until 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning.

Pps. I found a copy of the Fires Creek Rim Trail databook is anyone is looking for information just email me.