[at-l] Windmills on tall buildings

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:39:35 CST 2008

My use of electricity is slightly less than 5 years ago (although my bill is
substantially higher). I've always tried to keep my consumption low. I agree
that we need to reduce our electric consumption and believe that
conservation should be given more emphasis. It bothers me that rather than
urging people to conserve, we build huge wind farms that enable everyone to
continue excessive consumption.

On Jan 23, 2008 10:44 AM, Ryan Crawford <m2b1 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Here's another way to look at.  In the past five years how much has your
> electric consumption dropped?  If you have seen a rise in your electric
> consumption than you are a part of the problem and not a part of the
> solution.  You have no reason to complain about wind energy.  You have no
> right to complain as long as you are a part of the problem.  I'm for wind
> energy.  It doesn't require any more nuclear power plants to be built or
> nuclear waste to be created.  All the nuclear waste has to be stored
> somewhere, why not right beside your house.  You want more power you want
> store the nuclear waste that goes with it.
>
> MEANT 2B

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/