[at-l] The Keene Sentinel Opinion Columns

Bruce W. Calkins blackwolfe at charter.net
Mon Jun 2 18:05:19 CDT 2008

The current trail location does not cross the summit.  When I hiked that section I did not make the side trip to the summit.

I don't know all of the pluses and minuses in relocating the trail.  Like just where would it go?  Just into the woods?  Or would there be something to see on the relocation?  And how would it affect resupply?

Black Wolfe

Bruce W.

  The article states that AT hikers would like to see the trail re-routed around the mountain.
  I wonder if the top of the mountain doesn't offer some worthwhile views.
  those who have hiked this section would know.

  Jack Skylander