[at-l] Hiking the AT using a car

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 07:04:42 CDT 2008

Other options include: Finding some one else who wants to do it the same
way. One person hikes each section Northbound, the other Southbound. When
you meet in each section you exchange car keys to drive to the next section.
Doing something similar alone would be to hike approximately halfway to the
next road crossing, turn around and hike back to your car, drive to the next
road crossing and hike to the point where you turned around then back to
your car. Of course that would mean hiking the whole trail twice, a
sectional yoyo hike.

2008/6/9 <Trailwife at aol.com>:

> The method that I once considered was to use two automobiles. For a Georgia
> to Maine hike drive both vehicles to the start in Georgia. Drive car #1
> north 50 to 100 miles, then hike back to car #2 and drive it 50 to 100 miles
> north of car #1 then hike back to car #1. Repeat this process all the way to
> Kathadin.
>
> Your overall hike would be NB but all hiking would be SB.
>
> This is "for what it is worth" and I'm sure anyone can modify the idea to
> fit their desires.
>
> The Old RidgeRunner

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/