[at-l] Hiking the AT using a car

Ken Bennett bennettk at wfu.edu
Mon Jun 9 15:24:32 CDT 2008

>> I've never heard of a way to do it solo with ONE vehicle.

I recall reading somewhere about a hiker who used a car and a bicycle. He
(at least I think it was a he) would park at the end of the hike, ride the
bicycle to the beginning, lock it to a tree inside the woods, and hike to
the car. Then drive back and pick up the bike. Rinse. Repeat. I think the
only hard part would be riding a bicycle with a full pack, but then maybe
this would work better as a succession of day hikes, leaving the camping
stuff in the car.

--Ken