[at-l] Henry Shires Tarptent

Ken Bennett bennettk at wfu.edu
Sat Jun 14 07:21:36 CDT 2008

2008/6/13 JL <jplynch at crosslink.net>:

>  Anyone have any experience with this product?  I was at a hiker talk the
> other day and the speaker mentioned that she used it.

We have used a Rainshadow for three or four years now. It's terrific. Now
that the offspring is headed to college, I'm probably going to pick up a
Double Rainbow.

Tarptents are single-wall shelters made of sil-nylon. They have floors, bug
netting, etc. They look like tents, but the walls don't meet the floor, so
they act more like tarps. They have become very popular among long distance
hikers because of their low weight, ease of set up, low weight, large
covered area, low weight, rain and bug protection, and their low weight.

www.tarptent.com

No, Henry doesn't pay me to say this <grin>.

--Ken