[at-l] Tents

chase chaseat99 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 15:12:31 CST 2008

Hi Gang,
              310 days till retirement. Still leaning towards the PCT
next year. But maybe Ill do the AT again for a warm up :-)
    I am looking at tents. I have original 1.5# Nomad single and 2-4-2
Nomad both with many miles. I really would like to have one of the newer
model Nomad singles if I could find a slightly used one for sale or a
good seam stir to sew one for me. Otherwise I have been investigating
tents like the Huba Huba two person at almost 4#s. I think its only a
pound heaver than the Huba. They also make a model with less mesh that
is lighter and more winterized. I wonder if anyone has experience with
these tents.
    I used a bivi for many years and own a nice Speer Hammock and I see
many lightweight tent tarp models that are very low and do not offer
setting upright room. I am not interested in those. I guess the Nomads
have really spoiled me. What are folks using now days.

chase