[at-l] big agnes insulated air core pads

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:39:38 CDT 2008

Hi Amy,

I have one of these pads.  I had the uninsulated one but when a
manufacturing defect leak developed that couldn't be patched, they replaced
it with the insulated one.  It packs a bit bulkier than the uninsulated one
but is only one ounce heavier so I'm OK with it.

I got the original pad when testing for backpackgeartest.org.  You can read
my original reports at: *http://tinyurl.com/24tspv* or* *
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Sleep%20Gear/Pads%20and%20Air%20Mattresses/Big%20Agnes%20Air%20Core%20Mummy%20Pad/Mara%20Factor/

I haven't used the pad much in cold weather so can't really comment on
how much the insulation helps the pad perform in colder weather.  But, other
comments about the comfort and utiility of the pad still hold.

Let me know if you have any additional questions...

Mara
Stitches, AT99 - from Chaing Rai, Thailand where I slept on my pad just last
night at the Khun Kom Waterfall.

On 3/11/08, Amy Skowronek <amy at forinash.net> wrote:

> Does anybody have one of these, in any of the sizes or shapes?  I'm
> thinking about getting one to see if it'll make my back happy while
> sleeping on the ground.  I'd especially like to hear from anyone who
> has one who otherwise is uncomfortable on most trail pads.
>
> The smallest mummy is 20"x60"x2.5", and weighs in at 18oz.  It seems
> like it might be cushy enough, and it's light enough to consider.
>
> http://www.bigagnes.com/str_pads.php?bid=3
>
> -amy

Visit my Travels and Trails web site:
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor