[at-l] big agnes insulated air core pads

Renee (Frolicking Dino) hankrenee at charter.net
Tue Mar 11 13:04:35 CDT 2008

I have a BA Insulated AirCore - rectangular - 20" x 72 " x 2.5".  I love
this mat.  It is the only thing I have found that will let me sleep
despite having a ton on metal in my leg and hip and needing extra
padding due to injuries.  I actually got my 3/4" offset under this mat
once and did not realize it -- it really is that comfortable.  I have
the rectangular model due to needing to re-position my leg frequently -
the extra insulated space is mandatory for me.

Blowing this item up every night is a pain, but it is well worth it to
be able to get some rest.  I know some have had problems with leaks or
holes, but I never have.

I have used a RidgeRest and a Prolite 3 prior to switching to this pad -
neither even began to be as comfortable as this pad, though both
provided adequate warmth.

Renee