[at-l] Maps

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:22:31 CDT 2008

Lucky you. In the 30 years I worked for NYS DOL my pay went up about 5X in
dollars. OTOH if inflation for the same period is taken into account it only
went up 1.5X. Of course when I began that career I was a trainee and I ended
it supervising all 3 offices in the county with over 20 staff and doubling
as a network administrator for 3 counties (80+ users, 3 servers, 100+
machines spread over seven sites). New trainees that I hired in the last
year of my employment, when adjusted for inflation, were paid about 20% less
than I was as a trainee despite that position having been upgraded by 2
steps since I was hired. Anyone who thinks wages in general have gone up,
needs to check their figures against inflation.

BTW since I retired 5 years ago my pension has gone up by "0" in actual
dollars. In fact the amount I receive is down because I have to absorb all
increases in the cost of my health insurance plan which goes up every year.

And I should add, 10 times .23¢ is $2.30/gal., not $30/gal.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/