[at-l] Maps

rcli4 at comcast.net rcli4 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 15:50:14 CDT 2008

I was wonder if you might be spending some time at the Waldorf-Austoria.  Bet it was fun.

Clyde

From: Felix J <athiker at smithville.net>
Gary Roberts wrote:
Map/compass
extra food
shelter
fire/lighter/matches
first aid
pocket knife
water filter/bottles
extra clothes
flashlight/headlamp
sunscreen/glasses

I never carry a compass...extra food is subjective...but, I try to. No pocket knife or water filter. I have 'day clothes' and 'night clothes'.  Always a flashlight and never the last two.

As for the original question, I think it'd be fairly easy to hike without a book or maps. But, it's probably MUCH more convenient if you do. Plus, there are few things I like more than looking at maps.

I'm home from a fairly exhaustive four-day trip to NYC.  A trip that saw me spend WAY too much time in Ohio....which is beautiful this time of year.  I'll tell you about it at some point. Unless you don't want I should.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98