[at-l] [pct-l] Kilts

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:15:18 CDT 2008

I've looked at the Sport Kilt as hiking wear but haven't taken the plunge
yet. It is my understanding that the Sport Kilk has a velcro waist
adjustment of about 2". I think Art wore a mountain kilt on his thru but I
don't think that one is available anymore

2008/3/13 Eddy <ewker at yahoo.com>:

> the hiking kilts do have two pockets (it is an add-on option). The kilt I
> am looking at weighs approx 320 grams/11 ounces (if I did that calculation
> right). they are a breathable, wicking, quick drying material.
>
> I get hot/sweaty easily so unless it is really really cold I wear shorts
> yr around. When it gets to cold I wear my shorts over my polypros which can
> be worn with a kilt. To me it is more of a moisture issue.
>
> But yeah I would like to hear from other kilt wearers also.
>
> Eddy
>

> *Greg Kesselring <gkesselr at whidbey.com>* wrote:
>
> What is the deal with kilts? other than the cool factor, I don't see
> where they would offer any advantages over hiking shorts. In fact I can
> think of a couple of disadvantages: no pockets, not as much protection
> for your legs from the weather (on a cool morning, for example). I'm
> guessing they would be heavier than shorts, but I haven't checked this
> out.
>
> So let's hear from the kilt wearers. Why do you wear one? Why do you
> like wearing a kilt better than wearing shorts?
>
> Greg
>

> Eddy wrote:
> > I have been thinking about getting a kilt for hiking. Problem is I can't
> find any store that sells them. I am interested in the hiking kilt by Sport
> Kilt
> http://www.sportkilt.com/departments/mens-sport-kilts/hiking-kilt-casual-kilt~1.cfm?afid=1003<http://www.sportkilt.com/departments/mens-sport-kilts/hiking-kilt-casual-kilt%7E1.cfm?afid=1003>
> > Does anyone have one of their brands. I am curious as to how they run
> size wise. Are they the same size as your pant size or did you have to go
> larger?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Eddy
> >

> > Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves
> > http://community.webshots.com/user/ewker

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/