[at-l] Maps

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Fri Mar 14 06:35:12 CDT 2008

I don't believe that I claimed it was a national
average.  My reference was my personal experience
from that time.  I purchased a new car that year
for my wife before I went into the army.  We
purchased a house when I returned for $13,000,
got a discount because it needed work, and had
been looking for awhile at houses in the area -
central CT.  Had my first teaching contract for
$4,900, again in central CT.  So, certainly it
was a regional estimate of expenses.  As I said
it was my experience not a national average.

Also,  CT ended up offering the highest teacher
salaries in the country.  When I retired, many
teachers at the top of the salary scale in CT
were making $70,000+.   (That is not a starting
salary, so should not be used for comparison.)

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman