[at-l] Spring

rcli4 at comcast.net rcli4 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 29 10:50:23 CDT 2008

Spring in the north is still an illusion.  When the robins pass through here means two more weeks for ya'll.  The love bugs arrive about a week before the robins.  I seen a few love bugs todays for the first time.  Sometimes the robins are so thick in my yard I can't see the grass.

Clyde

From: "Jim Bullard" <jim.bullard at gmail.com>
P.S. I saw a cardinal this morning when I went out to get the paper. :-)

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Jim Bullard <jim.bullard at gmail.com> wrote:

Well, here in NNY near the Quebec border we've had less snow than Art but a lot more than Bruce. My snow piles from blowing snow out of the driveway are now lower than the top of my fence (42") and I'd guess we average less than a foot on the level. No peepers here. It was only about 10° here this morning. The sap as been running though. Spring is in sight.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Bruce W. Calkins <blackwolfe at charter.net> wrote:

> It was beginning to look like spring around here just a couple of
> days ago.

> Life is Good!!!
> Art Cloutman

Yup, the spring peepers have been singing for the last 3 weeks, the pear and
plum trees are leafing out, the apple tree leaf buds and dogwood flower buds
are swelling and close to opening.

Bruce W.

BTW; what little snow I saw this winter melted that same day.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/